The iPad is an ideal tool for field archaeology.

This blog sets out to bring together experiences of archaeologists using iPads.

Monday, March 31, 2014

Protecting Your iPad


For the last two years I have been using the Drop Tech Case for iPad to protect my iPad in the field.  This is a very rugged case although, as I mentioned in my post, not waterproof.  I had got over this problem by using an Aquapac waterproof case but, although the combination worked, it was not an ideal solution.

I was therefore delighted to discover the Griffin Survivor Military-Duty Case which, as its name suggests, is manufactured to comply with the MIL-STD 810G testing protocols.

The case has been tested for a drop of 6 feet, and is proof against wind-driven rain, sand and dust.  In short, it should protect against the type of conditions that field archaeologists will encounter.

You can find a review of the Griffin Survivor case here...